- Controls Engineer
- Forest, Virginia
- March 15, 2018
- December 1, 2019
- December 31, 2020
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years experience implementing, optimizing and validating machine controls systems including PLC’s, motion control systems, and data acquisition systems is required.
- Familiarity in Robotics programming is a plus
- Strong familiarity and programming experience with AB & Omron PLC, HMI, Servo Systems.
- AutoCAD experience and a thorough understanding of Microsoft Suite; primarily Excel, Word and Outlook are required.
- Review customer requirements and propose equipment control’s designs to satisfy.
- Design, testing, and implementation of automation systems.
- Prepare engineering and supporting documentation, wiring schematics, assembly drawings, bills of material, and panel machining drawings.
- Interface with manufacturing to ensure equipment conforms to design and customer specifications.
- Participate, along with sales staff, in presentations at Simplimatic or prospect locations as required.
- Maintain complete records by project.
- Short duration travel will be required (generally less than 5 days per month), including some international travel.
- Maintain product knowledge and stay current on available technology relevant to Simplimatic product and service offerings.
Ideal candidates should also:
- Demonstrate a positive team spirit and customer focus.
- Possess strong knowledge of control system technology.
- Work well with vendors and other employees.
- Show an ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a “can-do” attitude, good communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Strive for continuous improvement and excellence.
- Be resourceful, able to act independently, and recognize when higher intervention may be necessary.
- Be available to travel occasionally nationally and internationally (as required).
- Microsoft experience required.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- AutoCAD experience required, preferably Inventor
- Microsoft Project experience a plus.