- Director of Project Management
- July 15, 2021
- July 15, 2021
- July 15, 2021
Simplimatic Automation specializes in providing smart and simple material handling and automation solutions for complex manufacturing and packaging problems. Founded in 1965, Simplimatic serves hundreds of customers around the globe and has become world renowned for both the physical and intellectual products that they provide to dozens of different industries.
The Director of Project management is a key role at Simplimatic, reporting to the VP of Engineering Operations. The role includes managing the current staff of 5 Program managers and responsible for planning, organization, execution, and closing of all projects. The Director of program management works with the Sales Team and Program managers also to create proposals consistent with the customers needs, deliverables, and cost targets. The ultimate goal of a Simplimatic Director of Project Management is to deliver every project on time, within budget, and meeting the exact scope of the project.
• Assists the outside Sale force to create the customer proposal
• Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors
• Creates, presents and monitors project progress using MS Project and PWA app
• Using PWA and MS Project, presents executive summary weekly
• Escalates all potential items that can drive a delay in the project, specifically affecting delivery
• Fosters a strong technical relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Performs risk management to minimize project risks
• Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Visits client facilities as required to confirm details and plant layouts
• Tracks costs and profitability across projects and seeks ways to maximize profitability
• Assists in revenue forecasting
• Assists in the identification of strategic accounts
• Manages and resolves day-to-day engineering, operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects
• Determines appropriate timing of revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under your direction
• Establishes and maintains relationships with customers, seeking customer satisfaction metrics for continuous improvement
• Manages key accounts as required
• Serves as key participant in team and client meetings as required
• Tactfully communicates sensitive information to customers
• Coordinates installations and project acceptance
• Provides follow-up customer support as required
• Proven working experience in project management in the custom automation/robotics, electronics/semiconductor manufacturing, and/or packing industries
• Must be able to build expert knowledge in our industry and convey knowledge to others
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with issues using reason and experience.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Travel required up to 20%
Desired Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; concentration in Engineering and/or Business
• Two to Four years related experience and/or training.
• Proven track record of managing associates
• Proven project management experience in custom automation/robotics, electronics/semiconductor manufacturing, and/or packaging industries.
• Microsoft Experience Required.
• Microsoft Office Experience Required.
• AutoCAD Experience Required, preferably Inventor
• Microsoft Project and Project Web App experience.