- Field Service Engineer
- Ann Arbor, Michigan / Detroit, Michigan
- February 20, 2018
- November 20, 2019
- December 31, 2020
- Demonstrates a positive team spirit and customer focus.
- Strong knowledge of automation equipment and sub systems.
- Works well with customers and other employees.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skill set related to programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) for diagnosing software issues at the customer site.
- Expert ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams for installation and troubleshooting activities.
- Working knowledge of SMEMA 1.2 standards and interface specifications.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Oversee the installation of Simplimatic Automation equipment based on customer specified schedule.
- Train end-users on proper operation and maintenance related to equipment manufactured by Simplimatic Automation.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of electrical and code issues related to Simplimatic Automation equipment.
- Implement, evaluate, and recommend product improvements based on experience and customer feedback for new hardware and software.
- Maintain and submit reports relating to the hours spent working customer issues.
- Assist in the construction and wiring of large automation systems occasionally at the Simplimatic Manufacturing facility in Forest, VA.
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Electronics or related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience working with automation equipment and/or industrial electronics
- Working knowledge and experience interfacing with and diagnosis of AB & GE PLC’s, HMI, Robotics, and Servo Systems.
- Microsoft Experience Required.
- Microsoft Office Experience Required – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent Computer Skills are Required.