- Marketing Manager
- Full Time
- Lynchburg, VA
- Salary - Negotiable
- December 27, 2018
- December 27, 2018
- December 27, 2018
The Marketing Manager’s job entails managing a wide range of marketing, advertising, and public relation processes and projects. This position will actively interact with sales, engineering, project management, and customer service departments to ensure all marketing collateral and outside communication is standardized and reflective of set brand objectives.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively design, implement and manage both traditional and digital advertising and marketing initiatives across all communication channels.
The Simplimatic Marketing Manager will be responsible for; tracking sales data; maintaining brand identity in both traditional and digital communication channels; planning customer events and trade shows; maintaining automated marketing campaigns, and tackling any other tasks required to make the Simplimatic brand look it’s very best to audiences inside and out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned as necessary):
- Assist Vice President of Sales to design and implement promotional strategies to grow the company.
- Analysis & Research
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising while maintaining research databases.
- Expand upon job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications, attending trade shows, and following industry trade organizations.
- Track marketing campaign effectiveness, using web-based tools to continually improve new customer conversion. as needed.
- Training & Support
- Serve as the main point of contact for all marketing related activities at Simplimatic and support necessary marketing efforts by maintaining open communication with all company departments, providing prompt answers to requests, and providing concise, clear, and timely information.
- Provide product positioning materials, best practices, and other marketing collateral for project management and sales teams.
- Implement a project management system for documenting and tracking marketing activities.
- Supervise and coordinate production of a wide range of marketing material and communications.
- Routinely interface with counterparts at marketing suppliers while building upon existing relationships while maintaining schedules.
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Develop lead generation plans with targets, measures, and objectives.
- Brand Image Building
- Coordinate the writing, tracking, and delivery of press releases.
- Develop and maintain standardized business cards, presentations, sales scripts, proposal formats, newsletters, advertisements, brochures, and many other materials related to marketing.
- Oversee the branding of custom designed capital equipment systems and ensure that engineering design meets set branding standards.
- Website & SEO Management
- Create and maintain content and provide monthly updates to the company website.
- Maintain and update the company WordPress website.
- Design and implement trunk pages on the Simplimatic website to boost SEO.
- Design, Implement and Manage Google Ad campaigns
- Research, implement and test search engine optimization.
- Event Marketing
- Plan and attend marketing trade shows and other marketing events by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Plan and manage the booth layout and execution for (4) annual tradeshows throughout the United States.
- Thought Leadership Content
- Work with customers developing case studies, references, and testimonials.
- Work with internal project managers and salesmen to develop event presentations
- Social Media & Blogging
- Monitor and maintain Simplimatic blogs, YouTube channel, Twitter feeds, LinkedIn and Facebook account related to the brand of a company.
- Direct Marketing
- Become expert in maintaining and growing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Execute regular communications with customers including direct mail, email broadcast campaigns, outbound calls, newsletters, and other customer communications.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in marketing, communications, or advertising.
- Online training certificates for Google Ads, Tag Manager, and Hubspot Academy is a major plus.
- 1 Year of previous digital marketing experience is a major plus.
- GPA of 3.0 or above.
Required Skills and Specifications
- Sound understanding of marketing principles.
- Excellent copywriting skills and able to rework technical content for a wider audience.
- Effective project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with different types of audiences.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook skills.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert knowledge of Google Ad products
- Working knowledge of Google Tag Manager
- Working knowledge of Google Webmaster tools
- Experience with photography and videography is a major plus.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good team player and able to meet or exceed team goals.
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.