Cimtrak® Board Traceability System
The Cimtrak® Traceability System blends edge belt material handling from Simplimatic Automation and vision software from Microscan Systems, Inc. This unique scanning and capturing solution is designed to read barcode and other alpha-numeric data from a multi-array printed circuit boards (PCBs) on the front-end or mid-stream on a surface mount technology (SMT) line. This unit has a large viewing area, reading anywhere within a 10” x 24” Field of View (FOV), and an optional second camera with a 18” x 24” FOV is also available.
The system utilizes Simplimatic’s Cimtrak® Edge Belt Conveyor and Microscan’s Panelscan software, GigE Camera, and NERLITE series lights to consistently and accurately read PCB board markings.
Simplimatic’s electronics design philosophies have been highly regarded by the electronics industry since 1988 and are known to have an average service life of more than 15 years.
Each electrostatic dissipative Cimtrak® product features:
- Solid conveyor belt construction – Non-spliced, fiberglass reinforced transmission belts for superior strength
- Reliable DC stepper motors – Virtually service free and allows for precise adjustments to velocity, torque, and acceleration
- Premium rail design – Cimtrak® conveyor features zero gap between belt and edges to eliminate jams
- Adjustable in-feed tips – Can be lengthened by up to 4’’ for easy install
- Extruded aluminum framework – Provides a light and strong chassis
- Industry 4.0 communication – Available with several PLC options and can be configured for smart industry 4.0 communication
Contact a member of the Simplimatic sales team for more information or to request a quote for a Cimtrak® Board Traceability System.
1 m overall footprint | variable speed (1-12”/s) | 3 mm or 5 mm edge belt | optional powered width control (PWC) | SMEMA 1.2 compliance | 254 mm x 609 mm field of view (FOV) | 1 x 6144 px light sensor | 17 kHz line rate | 5000-8300 k lighting | single or dual camera setup | gigabit Ethernet interface | Typical applications include: Contract board manufacturers, auto electric manufacturers, military hardware & electronics, PCB assemblers, SMT line integrators, MES providers
• Second camera with 18'' x 24'' FOV is available
• Easy-to-use interface and large viewing area of 10'' x 24''